We want to celebrate our customers so we have created a loyalty program that rewards you for purchases you make from the Whitman College Bookstore in-store and online. As an independent college bookstore, we know you have other options and we are happy that you shop with us first.
The WhitCoin Loyalty Program allows students, staff, faculty, alumni, and community members to accumulate points with every purchase made. You will receive 1 point for every $2 spent. When you reach 500 points, you may redeem them for a $25 gift card that may be used in-store or online. This works out to be 2.5% back on your purchases! In addition, your points will never expire, even when you graduate!
Please read the instructions below to check your available points and redeem them for a gift card. If you have any questions please call us at (509) 527-5274 or email us at email@example.com.
- Click My Account (second menu item from the right)
- Your login information depends on your Whitman status since Fall 2014
- For students, faculty, and staff since Fall 2014.
- Email Address field—Your Whitman email
- Password field—Your Whitman ID number with an underscore at the end i.e. 999999_ (you may change this if you wish)
- For community members, alumni, and other non-Whitman patrons
- Email Address field—Your email address you purchased with initially
- Password field—Your password is whatever you set it to initially online
- Click on View Loyalty Account Information (list of options on the left side of the screen)
- Note: You must have at least 500 available points to redeem. Points become redeemable 90 days after the original purchase date
- Point Redemption Levels
- 500 points = $25
- 1000 points = $50
- 1500 points = $75
- 2000 points = $100
- There are other lines of point information for you to review as well. If you see any issues, please let us know.
- Click on I want to redeem my points (left side of screen below points area).
- Select from the drop-down box the redemption level that matches your available points
- Points must be in multiples of 500 for redemption
- If you pick higher level than the points available; then click Add to Cart button, you will get an error box with the message "This item requires more points than you have available."
- You will need to select the next lower level in the drop-down box.
- Click the checkbox next to “This is for Loyalty Point Redemption….” This is an acknowledgement that you are redeeming points, not purchasing a gift card.
- Click Add to Cart button (just below checkbox)
- Click Shopping Cart button (right side of screen either on top or on bottom)
- Click Continue to Checkout button (top right side of screen)
- Current students, faculty, and staff (while school is in session)
- Click Pickup Order—card will be sent to you through campus mail
- Your Billing Address is your home address
- Regardless of what you enter as your Shipping Address, you will receive your gift card through campus mail. You may check a box to use your billing address as your shipping address so you don’t have to enter the same information twice or you can put 280 Boyer.
- Graduating seniors after graduation, alumni, and all other patrons
- Click Ship Order and enter required information
- Your Billing Address is for the credit card you will enter to cover the $1 shipping fee (in step 3, below)
- Your Shipping Address is where you would want the gift card mailed to. There is a box that you can check to use your billing address as your shipping address so you don’t have to enter the same information twice.
- Your Shipping Method is Gift Card ONLY $1.00—this will require a credit card to process the fee
- Click on Print Confirmation or record your order number for later reference. You will receive an email, to the email address provided, notifying you that you have ordered a Loyalty Gift Card.
- You will receive another email once your Loyalty Gift Card has been processed.