Textbook Rental Policy Main Points
Below are two links for services offering free eBooks until the end of the semester. Follow the instructions on the links.
Further instructions will come from the administration in the near future.
- The rental book is in good condition at the time of rental.
- If a class is dropped the book MUST be returned by Friday, February 28, 2020.
- The rental is due by 4:30 PM on Tuesday, May 19, 2020.
- The book and any components MUST be returned in the same physical condition.
- Moderate highlighting and notations are permitted.
- The renter is responsible for the risk of loss, theft and damage.
Rental books not returned by the due date above will be billed to your Whitman account for the replacement cost of the books lessthan the amount paid for the rental fee.
Spring 2020 buyback will be May 14th - 16th & 18th - 19th
By clicking the box below the renter is indicating they have read and understand the Whitman College Bookstore Textbook Return and Rental Policies.
TEXTBOOK RETURN POLICY
Friday, February 28, 2020 is the last day to return books from dropped classes.
Verification of a dropped class must be obtained from Bookstore staff.
Last day to return a book not from a dropped class is Friday, January 24, 2020
- All returns must be accompanied by a sales receipt and in the same condition as when purchased.
- Texts may only be returned in the semester in which they were purchased.
- ANY textbook from ANY semester can be brought to buyback.
- There will be no exceptions to this policy.
Make sure to purchase all of your Fall semester textbooks before the dates below!
The Bookstore must return ...
- all unsold USED books to publishers by Friday March 13, 2020
- all unsold NEW books to publishers by Friday, April 10, 2020
Rental Books are due Tuesday, May 19, 2020 and must be returned in purchased condition—reasonable highlighting and notations are acceptable.