Textbook Rental Policy Main Points
- The rental book is in good condition at the time of rental.
- If a class is dropped the book MUST be returned by Wednesday, October 16, 2019.
- The rental is due by 4:30 PM on December 20,2019.
- The book and any components MUST be returned in the same physical condition.
- Moderate highlighting and notations are permitted.
- The renter is responsible for the risk of loss, theft and damage.
Rental books not returned by the due date above will be billed to your Whitman account for the replacement cost of the books lessthan the amount paid for the rental fee.
Fall 2019 buyback will be December 16th - 20th
By clicking the box below the renter is indicating they have read and understand the Whitman College Bookstore Textbook Return and Rental Policies.
TEXTBOOK RETURN POLICY
Wednesday, October 16, 2019 is the last day to return books from dropped classes.
Verification of a dropped class must be obtained from Bookstore staff.
- All returns must be accompanied by a sales receipt and in the same condition as when purchased.
- Texts may only be returned in the semester in which they were purchased.
- ANY textbook from ANY semester can be brought to buyback.
- There will be no exceptions to this policy.
Make sure to purchase all of your Fall semester textbooks before the dates below!
The Bookstore must return ...
- all unsold USED books to publishers by Friday, October 18, 2019
- all unsold NEW books to publishers by Friday, November 15, 2019
Rental Books due Friday, December 20, 2019 and must be returned in purchased condition—reasonable highlighting and notations are acceptable.